Ever notice that some people seem to always create bestselling products, while others struggle to sell even a few copies? Some of that comes down to marketing, of course. However, a lot of it begins and ends with creating a high-quality, in-demand product that your audience will really love. That’s why I put together this product-creation FAQ. Read on…
What’s the key to creating an in-demand product?
The key is to do your market research. This means finding out what your audience wants, and then giving them something similar (yet better) than what’s already on the market.
You do this by finding out what they’re already buying. Check marketplaces like ClickBank.com, Udemy.com and Amazon.com to see what info products are selling really well. For example, if you’re selling weight loss information and you note that people are really interested in low-carb dieting, then you’re going to want to create a product on that topic. (Don’t copy others’ product in any way… your product needs to be fresh and teach information from your own unique perspective.)
How do you boost the value of your product?
There are a variety of ways to create a product with a high perceived value. Check out these ideas:
- Share intermediate or advanced information, which has a higher perceived value than beginner information.
- Use a high-value format such as video over text.
- Offer a course rather than an “ebook.”
- Provide useful tools to help people implement the information. Examples include worksheets, checklists, cheat sheets, templates, and similar items.
- Create a bonus package to raise the value of your offer.
What if I’m not a pro writer/video producer/teacher, etc.?
No problem – if you don’t have the time, skills or inclination to create a product, then outsource. You can post a project on a site like upwork.com to find a freelancer. Just be sure to do your due diligence before hiring so that you select the best candidate.
What are some of the overlooked keys to creating an in-demand product?
Some people think that if your topic is a proven seller, then your product is going to sell like crazy. In order for that to happen, you also need to put these keys in place:
- Proof and polish your product. This makes a great impression and boosts the value of your product.
- Create an entertaining product. It should be entertaining to keep people engaged, and useful to solve their problem.
- Choose a compelling title. Your title can make or break your product, so brainstorm benefit-driven titles that will excite your audience. (Tip: Browse through Amazon’s bestseller lists in a variety of niches to see how to construct a compelling title.)
- Design professional cover graphics. Outsource this task on upwork.com, fiverr.com or similar if you don’t have the skills to do it yourself.
Now let’s wrap things up…
Creating in-demand products isn’t magic. You just need to follow the tips above for researching your market and then creating a high-value product your audience is sure to love!